Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finding the Time

(Image Credit: www.omegaeh.com/)


How do people find time to do all the things they want to do? I just signed up for Twitter. Can anything be shorter and faster to do than that? It's not blogging, it's not e-mail. It's even shorter than facebook. (To follow, my name is donnaledbetter.) Yet with each new technology, each new social media, each new way to get connected, there is less time for everything else.

Especially with regard to my challenge about learning more about my world, I find that I am spending less time doing the things that move me toward that goal and more time doing other things. That is not to say that I am not moving forward. Only, somehow, I'd thought my journey would be faster than this. Perhaps it's all a matter of perspective.

I am doing more now with my time than I'd ever thought possible. So, perhaps, I should consider my strides as remarkable ones. I am reading a book called Think Big: Unleashing Your Potential for Excellence by Dr. Ben Carson (to be reviewed here soon) and he talks about how he has been able to accomplish so much, even coming from the humblist of backgrounds. "If he can do it," I say, "then I can do it, too."

1 comment:

Avidan Apolskis said...

That is exactly how I feel, there are so many things I want to do but there isn't enough time !

BTW: I added you to my blog roll, hope you don't mind =)