Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How Do You Obama?



I think I'd be a rich woman right now if I had something with Obama on it to sell. The election is over, and there's still a buying a frenzy over all things Obama. That's all you see on the magazine covers, the newspapers, and in the talk around the water cooler (or microwave). I spoke to one woman at the newstand. She had 12 newspapers in her hand. I thought, perhaps, she might be a collector, but she tells me instead that she scrapbooks. "It's something for the grandkids," she said. That's a novel idea.

I succumbed (sp) to the frenzy myself and bought a NYT and a New Yorker. But what a waste it would be to just let those papers sit around. So, of course, I'll read them. I do wonder what other collectors do with their papers and books. Do they wrap them in plastic and store them away in a box, waiting on end until other copies are destroyed and tarnished? Is it even profitable at this point to collect Obama gear? The market is so saturated.

No comments: