Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Price of Basketball Madness


After a good deal of surfing this evening, I've resolved to attend a live basketball game. It is March Madness season after all, and most every team that's made it to the finals is bound to turn out a good game. The tickets are pretty cheap, too. About $12 at one university.

I also checked out the professional teams. One ticket courtside is $2,500! Nose bleed seats are at a much more reasonable rate, $20. Then out of curiosity, I also checked out the NCAA tourney tickets. The less expensive seats are about $150, and the courtside seats are $700. It's a slightly better deal on the high end, but for someone like me who's not really into sports, nose bleed at $20 or college ball $12 is just fine.

Though How March Became Madness is still on my list, I realize, as is usually true for avid readers, that I have more books waiting to be read than I actually have to read. Right now I'm finishing up Get Ahead by Going Abroad. Not all of it is relavant to me, but I find the details about business and personal experiences of women who've traveled and made sucesses of their careers quite inspiring. Then there are two books each on volunteering and foreign cultures. After that, a tome of etiquette. Where will I squeeze in my study about basketball?

No comments: