Sunday, March 15, 2009

Road to Final Four Picks



Image credit: pelotafan.com/2007_04_01_archive.html
Image credit: www.duke.edu/~blp3/dukebball/


Today a reader asked me how I was doing with my basketball challenge. I told her I hadn't had time to keep up with the games as I'd like. I will begin this weekend. Today at 1pm, the Florida Seminoles are playing. Since I don't know if the Seminoles are the same as the Gators, I suppose that will be the first thing I research once I've finished this post. She and her husband are huge Gators fans.

It behooves me as well to announce my picks at least for the Final Four. Unfortunately, no team from Florida will make it even to the Sweet 16. My aunt favors North Carolina. I favor Duke. But identifying the serious contenders -- a feat requiring more than supporting the teams with prettiest colors (as I admit to having done in the past) or the team that happens to be leading at the time I tune into a game -- that takes effort. I will do a bit of research, abd compile four picks.

Coincidently, the Seminoles are playing Duke tomorrow. How confident am I that Duke will win?

1 comment:

goenplaces said...

No, the Seminoles are not the same as the Gators! The Gators, unfortunately, did not get asked to the dance. (That is my favorite basketball related metaphor) I filled out my bracket last night also. Of course, James just giggled over my shoulder at how I insisted his office bracket include me, but then how I really didn't know anything about the teams. Sometimes it's hard to explain why something is important to me...like basketball in March; it just is.