Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Valentines in the Madness of March



It feels like Valentine's Day. All around there are happy, smiling couples, chirping birds, exchanges of knowing glances between long settled pairs. Then there's me. Walking alone. Eating alone. Sitting on the bus alone. Reading a book.

What I need is a basketball game. It's March Madness season. So, that will be it. That will be my next challenge, and I will forget about hearts and kisses and hugs, hand holding, rubbing noses, and all manner of embrace. But first things first: Learning the rules of the game and its history.

Go blue!

I believe I will begin with How March Became Madness. It's a book I've perused before maybe a few years back, but I remember enjoying it a good deal. I knew very little about basketball when I picked the book up. I'd initially gotten it because it had a nice cover. Then I read it, and I was amazed at how interesting the author, Einhorn, made everything. I never finished the book when I read it the first time. Now is a great time to start again.

No comments: